In Allegheny County, you can either file a petition for a temporary protection from abuse (PFA) order yourself, along with the assistance of a domestic violence advocate (available at the court house), or by hiring a private attorney to assist you with filing the petition for a temporary PFA. Knowing what information you will have to provide beforehand can help to relieve the stress associated with going to court. Here is a list of 9 things that you may be asked to include in your petition for a temporary PFA in Allegheny County. At the end of this article, please find a blank petition for a PFA that is used in Allegheny County.